Saturday, February 6, 2016

Moist Vanilla Cake


 

This vanilla cake yummy and moist. It can be used as a base for you to add whatever flavor you want. I promise you follow the recipe you won't be disappointed.

Be sure to allow your butter, milk and eggs to be room temperature before combining.

Creaming butter and sugar in the stand mixer until fluffy.

Add eggs 2 at a time until combined.

Because I made such a big batch, I poured my batter into a large bowl and a hand mixer to finish it off.



Because of the depth of my 6 inch pans I line the bottom with parchment paper and use a heating core so that the cake doesn't sick and bakes evenly.

For pan not really deep I use baking strips and I run a knife criss cross to get rid of air bubbles.

Allow the cakes to cool after baking. As you see below even after cooling enough to be removed from the pan I place the cake on a baking rake to cool thoroughly.


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3 3/4 cups flour
1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
3/4 teaspoon


Directions

1. Sift your flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.

2. Cream your butter, sugar and vanilla at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 8-10 minutes.

3. Add your eggs to your sugar mixture, two at a time, and blend until incorporated. Scrape down the sides as needed.

4. Add your dry ingredients alternatively with your milk. Begin by adding dry, then alternate with wet. Add the dry in four parts, and the wet in three.

5, Pour your batter into your desired parchment lined pans. Always bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean




1 comment: